- Active Filters
- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.
1978 Magic the Movie Fats Ventriloquist Dummy Cast From Original Mold COA 100% Authentic TeamGo Back
Out of stock
This item comes from the personal collection of a special effects artist with over 25 years experience in the film and television industry. This artist has participated in key positions on major projects such as:
- a one sheet of photos of the original “Fats” figure’s construction,
- an original double-faced display hanger from the film’s video release,
- a paper-back copy of the original “Magic” novel,
- a toy switch-blade (Fats’ weapon in the film)
- a professional A&S professional flight&road case that fits to the dummy.
A magician named Corky (Anthony Hopkins) does poorly on stage. When he reports back to his teacher, Merlin (E.J. André), he is told he needs some kind of hook or gimmick to connect with the audience. When he adds ventriloquism to his act, using a dummy named Fats, his career takes off.
Within a few years, Corky is at the height of fame. However, Fats has developed a mind of his own, and wants to control his master. Seeking refuge from his new found fame, he heads to the isolated mountain retreat run by his high school love, Peggy (Ann-Margret), in hopes of starting a new life; but finds that Fats has no intentions of letting him off so easy.
As Corky is trying to rekindle their relationship, his private conversations with his alter ego dummy, known as “Fats,” take on a sinister and self-abusive quality. Fats goes from an amusing character played through his mannequin, into a schizoid-like personality split, in which Corky no longer can discern that Fats is a feature of his subconscious self.
Authentication: 100% Authentic Team
Please note that an oversized shipping charge will apply to this item.