- Active Filters
A Chrissie Evert Game-Used Custom Mondessa Tennis Dress. Includes 3 Signed Photographs. (Circa 1970-72).Go Back
Winning Bid: $500.00
Winning Bid: $500.00
Auction ends: November 4, 2017 10:25 PM
Total price with Buyers Premium: $600.00
Bids count: 1
Add Max Bid
A Chrissie Evert Game-Used / Personally Owned Mondessa Tennis Dress (Circa 1970-72). Includes 3 photographs which have been hand-signed by Chris Evert and have all been authenticated and measure 8″ x 10″. This dress dates to Chrissie’s early years, dating to 1970-72 (Evert turned pro in 1972). The dress was a part of her personal wardrobe and was worn on-court at an unknown event. Upon close inspection, you will come to find the following signs of use throughout this garment: The garment is in very good condition for it’s age. The Mondessa label is still mostly visible, although somewhat faded. There is slight fraying to the yellow trim in places. Most crucial stitching appears to be intact. There is the occasional pull/bobble in the fabric. There is one pink stain to the interior of the garment, possibly makeup. The zipper functions. Overall, very good condition while showing normal signs of age and use.
Please take a moment to review the authentication notes provided, as well as the provided photographs:
1. Made by Mondessa. Mondessa was Chrissie’s preferred wardrobe provider in her early years. The dress does not carry a size label. The label states “custom tailored”. The dress is quite small/short, which is appropriate for her a this point in her career. The garment measures approximately 27″ from top to bottom. Please refer to the provided photo examples from this era showing Evert in quite short dresses as an example.
2. Mondessa label stitched to interior. Most text on the label is still visible, but there is some wear/aging.
3. Yellow trim details are all stitched onto the garment as an extra layer.
4. The body of the garment is composed of a thick gauze like material.
5. Custom straps to each inner shoulder, allowing the athlete to conceal their undergarment straps.
6. Rear zip with clasp closure at top.
7. Rear pocket with Mondessa embroidery in yellow.
8. Additional details apply.
A lovely and rare item from the early career of Chris ‘Chrissie’ Evert. One of Evert’s custom Mondessa dresses from the early 1970’s. A tennis fashion icon of the era.
|Dimensions||11 × 8 × 3 in|