- Active Filters
- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.
A Game-Used Wales Athletics Team Blazer From the 1966 British Empire & Commonwealth Games in Jamaica.Go Back
Out of stock
On offer is a truly rare and interesting find: A Game-Used & Athlete Owned Wales National Team Blazer from the 1966 British Empire & Commonwealth Games held in Jamaica from August 4 – August 13, 1966. This jacket was tailored by Welsh tailor Polikoff, and was provided to an unknown member of the Welsh team participating in the 1966 Commonwealth Games. The jacket appears to be made in a heavy wool, with partial lining to interior. Wales crest with Commonwealth Games details stitched to chest, with an additional “Athletics” green patch stitched above. Manufacturer’s label stitched to interior. Gold trim buttons. Upon close inspection, you will come to find the following signs of use throughout this item, including: The jacket shows it’s age. There are several stains throughout, looks similar to blood stains but cannot confirm the nature of the staining. These stains appear throughout the jacket. Structurally, the jacket is in superb condition. No significant flaws, tears, etc can be found. Overall, the jacket shows age and use, but considering the nearly 50 year life of the jacket.
Please take a moment to review the authentication notes provided, as well as the provided photographs.
1. Manufactured/tailored in Wales by Polikoff.
2. Garment does not have a size label, however it appears to be most closely sized to a US44 (suiting).
3. Wales crest stitched to chest, in the form of a green pocket.
4. Partially lined.
5. Gold trim buttons.
6. Open pouch pockets to front.
7. Single breasted.
A superb and extremely rare piece of history from the 1966 Commonwealth Games in Jamaica. Comes from a private collection in the UK.