- Active Filters
A George Best Game-Used #7 Manchester United Away Shirt & Framed Rosette. Circa 1960’s.
Winning Bid: $2,196.15
Winning Bid: $2,196.15
Auction ends: March 10, 2018 10:20 PM
Total price with Buyers Premium: $2,635.38
Bids count: 5
Auction views: 1045
Your max bid is $0.00
Add Max Bid
A George Best Game-Used #7 Manchester United Away Shirt & Framed Original Rosette dating to the mid-1960’s. This shirt was an original piece of Manchester United squad equipment, and was worn on the field of play by Manchester United legend George Best during match play. Accompanying the shirt is a framed original George Best rosette dating to the same time period. George Best scored 179 goals in 470 club appearances for the club. During his time at Old Trafford, Best led United to 2 League Titles and one European Cup. Best also won the Ballon d’Or in 1968. George Best made his first team debut in 1963 at the age of 17 and went on to play 11 seasons at Old Trafford. Upon close inspection, you will come to find the following signs of use throughout this garment: The garment shows it’s age. There is minor/normal piling to the fabric. Very minor discoloring of the fabric. The squad number has normal/light fraying around the edges. Minor fraying to the sleeve cuffs. Umbro label is intact and colors are vibrant. One small hole is found to the back of the garment. Stitching appears to be intact throughout. No significant damage or staining can be found. Overall, excellent hallmarks of the age of the shirt while remaining in relatively excellent condition. The original rosette is in superb condition for it’s age and is presented in a mint condition frame.
Please take a moment to review the authentication notes provided, as well as the provided photographs:
1. Umbro manufactured. Made in England.
2. No size label is listed. The garment appears to most closely resemble a size Medium. This slightly slimmer fit aligns with George’s garments early in his career at Old Trafford.
3. Umbro label stitched to inner neckline.
4. Best’s squad #7 stitched in cloth to the back of the garment. Best most commonly wore the squad numbers 7 & 11, depending on his position on match day. Historically, #7 was given to the right winger, and #11 to the left winger. Numbers in this era were often issued by position on match day, regardless of a player’s preferred number.
5. Ribbed collar and sleeve cuffs.
6. Garment appears to be cotton, and is relatively lightweight.
7. Blue away shirt colourway. United wore this blue kit from 1964-1971, including during their triumphant European Cup title in 1968 v. Benfica.
8. Original George Best club rosette is presented framed. Rosette measures approximately 9″ x 6″, and the framed presentation measures approximately 15″ x 12″.
A museum-quality treasure. A stunning and beautiful George Best example dating to early in his legendary Manchester United career. Shirt will be presented in a black glossy gift box for future safekeeping.
|Dimensions||16 × 12 × 4 in|