- Active Filters
- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.
A George Best Game-Used LA Aztecs NASL Warm-Up Jacket. (c 1976).Go Back
Winning Bid: $500.00
Winning Bid: $500.00
Auction ends: June 24, 2017 9:45 PM
Total price with Buyers Premium: $600.00
Bids count: 1
Add Max Bid
A George Best Game-Used Los Angeles Aztecs NASL Warm-Up Jacket. George Best, widely regarded as one of the most naturally gifted footballers ever, made his name at Manchester United. Best joined NASL side LA Aztecs in 1976, and played 3 seasons with the club. This jacket dates to the early weeks of Best’s time with the Aztecs. When Best joined the Aztecs, the clubs colors began to change to orange, white and black from the previous red, blue/black and white. In later years, red would work it’s way back into the club’s patchwork uniform history. As was common with all NASL clubs of this era, clubs uniforms and colors were a patchwork of inconsistency in color, manufacturer, numbering, etc. This jacket features ‘AZTECS’ stitched to the front, and ‘G.Best’ has been hand-written into the collar. It is unknown if George Best wrote this, or if it was a club staff member. Upon close inspection, you will come to find the following signs of use throughout this garment: The garment remains in relatively excellent condition for it’s age. There is the odd bobble/snag in the fabric. The original manufacturer (unknown) label that once appeared in the neck/collar has either been removed or come undone. All stitching appears to be fully intact. No significant markings or damage can be found.
Please take a moment to review the authentication notes provided, as well as the provided photographs.
1. Manufacturer unknown. It appears a manufacturer’s label once appeared in the neckline, but was either removed or came undone at some point.
2. ‘AZTECS’ stitched to front in twill lettering.
3. Full front zip, still functions.
4. “G. Best” notation written into collar/neckline.
5. Ribbed collar and sleeve cuffs.
6. Size unknown. Looks to be most similar to a size Large.
|Dimensions||11 × 8 × 3 in|