- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.
A John McEnroe Game-Used Custom Sergio Tacchini Tennis Shirt. 1980 Wimbledon (Runner-Up). Includes Signed Photograph.Go Back
Winning Bid: $500.00
Winning Bid: $500.00
Auction ends: 2017-04-08 22:05
Total price with Buyers Premium: $600.00
Bids count: 1
Add Max Bid
A John McEnroe Game-Used Custom Sergio Tacchini Tennis Shirt from the 1980 Wimbledon Championships. McEnroe lost in a thrilling final to rival Bjorn Borg (1–6, 7–5, 6–3, 6–7 (16–18), 8–6). This shirt was a part of Mr. McEnroe’s personal equipment and was worn on court during match play during the 1980 tournament. Upon close inspection, you will come to find the following signs of use throughout this item: The garment has been well cared for/stored over the years and remains in superb condition. You will find some small discolorations and markings throughout, however, the shirt still remains a crisp white for the most part. A few small snags and pulls exist. The photographs remains in excellent condition.
Please take a moment to review the authentication notes provided, as well as the provided photographs.
1. Garment is sized appropriately for McEnroe. The garment is marked as a US size L, however the garment fits much more like a slim medium by today’s standards.
2. Sergio Tacchini logo embroidered to chest.
3. Appropriate Sergio Tacchini label and identifiers throughout.
4. Ribbed cotton material. White with blue stripe trim.
5. Signed photograph measures 8×10″. Mr. McEnroe’s signature is in gold pen. Excellent condition.
6. Mr. McEnroe wore two varieties of this shirt at Wimbledon ’80. One featured red and navy stripes to the sleeves, and the other featured navy and light blue stripes to the sleeves. This example is of course the latter.
7. Additional details apply.
A museum-quality John McEnroe example from the iconic 1980 Wimbledon Championships. McEnroe finished as runner-up to Bjorn Borg in what many tennis enthusiasts consider the greatest match of all time. This stunning garment comes from Mr. McEnroe’s journey at Wimbledon ’80.
|Dimensions||13 × 9 × 3 in|