- Active Filters
- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.
A Lothar Matthäus Game-Used #8 West Germany National Team Captain Home Shirt Circa 1980’sGo Back
Winning Bid: $1,200.00
Winning Bid: $1,200.00
Auction ends: March 10, 2018 10:20 PM
Total price with Buyers Premium: $1,440.00
Bids count: 1
Add Max Bid
On offer is A Lothar Matthäus Game-Used #8 West Germany National Team Home Shirt 1980’s. Lothar Matthäus captained West Germany to victory on the 1990 FIFA World Cup and played in five FIFA World Cups (1982, 1986, 1990, 1994, 1998) more than any other outfield player. He remains the only German player to have won the FIFA World Player of the Year award. Matthäus is the most capped German player of all time with 150 appearances and 23 goals. Matthäus became the symbol of German domination of football during the 1980s. Ten years after his mentor Franz Beckenbauer, Matthäus reigned over world football thanks to his “complete” player profile, able to play just as well in offense or defence. Matthaus Matthäus won seven German championships with Bayern Munich, three German cups, two UEFA Cups (with Inter Milan and Bayern) the European Football Championship in 1980, the World Cup in 1990 (finalist in 1982 and 1986) and the Ballon d’Or in 1990.
Diego Maradona said of Matthäus: “He is the best rival I have ever had.”
This long-sleeved shirt was worn by the German Superstar Midfielder Captain Lothar Matthäus in a West Germany international match. Matthäus wore various shirt numbers throughout his career including #18, #8, #13, and #10. The shirt is obtained from a senior German collector who had a large collection of memorabilia related to old German players. Upon close inspection you’ll come the following signs of use throughout this garment: The shirt has some fainted markings throughout. It is unknown whether this shirt was washed or not. No damage to fabric is evident. The shirt is in a very good condition for its age.
Please take a moment to review the authentication notes provided, as well as the provided photographs:
1. Sized appropriately for Matthäus, size 8, refer to photo of the sizing label for more information.
2. Matthäus squad number 8 applied to back in a cloth-felt material, which is a commonly used in that time.
3. Adidas logo and Deutscher Fussball-Bund crest are embroidered to chest.
4. Adidas 3-stripe shoulder detail is stitched onto/layered on top of the garment.
5. Yellow, red & black detail through body and sleeves is a sublimated design.
6. Made in West-Germany.
7. Appropriate Adidas neck tag/identifier throughout.
8. Additional details apply.
A historically significant garment coming from the captain of the winning side in the 1990 FIFA World Cup, and it doesn’t get any better than this. Captain, Legend, West German #8, 1990 FIFA World Cup Winners….a truly fine example with superb historical significance. A fine example coming direct out of a private collection in Germany.
|Dimensions||10 × 8 × 2 in|
2 = Appears Used, un-recondition, right off the field, 2 = Appears used, unwashed or un-reconditioned -right off the field
|Game-Used Auth Status|
0 = None
2 = Possible Photo Match, 3 = Positive Photo or Video Match
2 = Lineage of item directed toward locker room or team., consigner
West Germany National Team