- Active Filters
A Michel Platini Game-Used #10 St. Etienne French Cup Shirt. Circa 1979-1982.
Winning Bid: $990.00
Winning Bid: $990.00
Auction ends: April 28, 2018 11:25 PM
Total price with Buyers Premium: $1,188.00
Bids count: 2
Auction views: 693
Add Max Bid
A Michel Platini Game-Used #10 St. Etienne Home Shirt dating to between 1979-1982. This shirt was an original piece of St. Etienne squad equipment and was worn on the pitch by French legend Michel Platini during a French Cup match. Platini won 3 consecutive Ballon d’Or trophies between 1983-1985, and is widely considered one of the greatest footballers of all-time. Platini spent 3 seasons with St. Etienne before transferring to Juventus. Upon close inspection, you will come to find the following signs of use throughout this item: The garment carries some minor markings and smudges. No significant damage is evident. There is some normal discoloration of the white numbers and cup logos. Stitching appears to be intact throughout. Adidas label to inner neckline remains intact and vibrant. The garment has a very slight odor of age.
Please take a moment to review the authentication notes provided, as well as the provided photographs:
1. Adidas manufactured garment. St Etienne primarily used Le Coq Sportif as their kit supplier during this era, but often wore adidas garments during French Cup fixtures.
2. Made in France.
3. Adidas logo painted to chest.
4. Platini’s squad #10 applied to back of garment in thermal/felt application. RTL French Cup logos to front and back in thermal/felt application.
5. Adidas stripes to sleeves/shoulders in a single piece of fabric composed of a breathable material.
6. No size label is listed. Garment most closely resembles a modern day Medium.
7. Appropriate Adidas identifiers throughout.
8. Additional details apply.
An extremely beautiful and tremendously rare Platini example from his time with St. Etienne. Comes from a private collection near the French Alps. Garment will be presented in a glossy black gift box for future safe-keeping.
|Dimensions||11 × 8 × 3 in|