- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.
An Ilie Nastase Game-Used Custom Adidas Tennis Racquet, Shirt and Signed Photograph.Go Back
Out of stock
An Ilie Nastase Game-Used Custom Adidas Tennis Racquet, Shirt and Signed Photograph. This lot includes (3) items.
(1) Ilie Nastase’s personally owned and used Adidas “Haillet” model wooden tennis racquet. The racquet is marked “ads055” and “LM4 1/2”. The grip/handle is tapered. Custom leather grip. The racquet is believed to date to the late 1970’s. Upon close inspection, you will come to find the following signs of use throughout this item: Some wearing to the wood on the top of the head of the racquet. Some light wear to the leather grip. Some light edge wear and minor nicks throughout. Overall, the racquet is in incredible condition for it’s age. Still has a shine to it. It is unknown if the strings are original or if it has ever been re-strung.
(2) Ilie Nastase’s personally owned and worn Adidas polo shirt. Marked as a size Medium. “ATP” identifiers. Pale blue body with navy blue trim. Body is composed of a mesh-like, breathable pique material. Appropriate Adidas identifiers throughout. Upon close inspection, you will come to find the following signs of use throughout this garment: The garment remains in excellent condition for its age. No structural damage is noted. There are some light marks/spots but nothing significant. Appropriate signs of use for a garment of this style and age. The shirt is believe to date to the late 1970’s or early to mide 1980’s.
(3) A black and white photograph which has been hand-signed by Ilie Nastase. This 8×10 photograph is black and white, and has been hand-signed to the front in blue permanent marker by Ilie Nastase. He also signed a “HOF 1991” note under his name.
A breathtaking and museum quality lot of items coming from the iconic Ilie Nastase. All items originate from Mr. Nastase, and were gifted to a tour insider who worked with Mr. Nastase and other big names in tennis in the 1970’s and 80’s.