- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.
David Beckham/England Lot Relating to the 2002 FIFA World Cup in Japan/South Korea.Go Back
Winning Bid: $1,449.46
Winning Bid: $1,449.46
Auction ends: July 7, 2016 10:45 PM
Total price with Buyers Premium: $1,739.35
Bids count: 7
Add Max Bid
On auction: David Beckham/England Lot Relating to the 2002 FIFA World Cup in Japan/South Korea. This lot includes: David Beckham’s Game-Issued/Supplied England Away Shirt from the group match v. Nigeria, an official match ticket issued to the English FA for the match v. Argentina, an official Game-Used Match Ball from the match versus Argentina and a team/tournament supplied credentials holder from the tournament.
*The official match ticket for the match versus Argentina was issued directly to the English FA. A special notation printed into the ticket denotes that this was a ticket supplied to the English Football Association. The ticket was used in the stadium and the stub has been torn off/removed. The ticket has a couple of creases from being folded but remains very clear with all information legible.
*The official Adidas Fevernova match ball was also used in the match versus Argentina. This ball was produced explicitly for the tournament and was used on the field of play. The ball carries a marking “Made in Morocco”. Retail balls were made in Pakistan. The ball remains in excellent condition for it’s age, but carries signs of use including: scrapes/contact markings throughout, dirt/pitch remnants in some of the seams, etc. The ball holds it’s shape well and has been stored in a glass display case prior to being auctioned.
*An official tournament issued team credentials holder. The contents of the holder have long been removed, but this is an official on-field credentials pass holder used by players, coaches, staff throughout the tournament. Item remains in excellent condition.
*The shirt on offer was one of David’s spare/unworn shirts from the match versus Nigeria. This shirt was on hand in the England dressing room as a spare and is believed to have remained unworn. The shirt remains in excellent condition with normal light aging. Shirt features:
1. Umbro player garment. While Umbro has provided the squad members with garments similar or identical to those sold to the public in past years, the garment does feature unique characteristics detailed below.
2. No size labels are evident.
3. Beckham’s name & squad number to the back. Small squad number to the front as per FIFA regulations. Unique thermal/felt application.
4. Garment is reversible, which was aimed towards the fans. However, strangely Umbro did not provide a different style for the players. Please refer to the provided match photos as references to confirm that squad member’s tops were in fact this same reversible style.
5. England v. Nigeria match information embroidered to the chest. This was a feature unique to the squad members for each match of the 2002 FIFA World Cup.
6. 2002 FIFA World Cup competition logo embroidered into sleeve. The embroidery goes through to the “reversible” side, making the shirt no longer reversible as it was intended for use by the player.
7. Shirt is in fact reversible, as mentioned previously. Inside of garment is comprised of navy blue fabric, with an inner England logo to the chest.
8. Umbro logo is embroidered to chest.
9. England hologram detail to lower front of body. Photo match.
10. Additional details apply.
A superb lot of items relating to David Beckham and the England squad’s participation in the 2002 FIFA World Cup Finals in Japan/South Korea. All items were originally sourced from a key figure in the English traveling party to Asia in June of 2002.