- Active Filters
Franz Beckenbauer Game-Used #5 FC Bayern Munich Shirt & Original Olympiastadion Seat. Circa 1968-1972.
Winning Bid: $1,815.00
Winning Bid: $1,815.00
Auction ends: August 11, 2019 12:40 AM
Total price with Buyers Premium: $2,178.00
Bids count: 3
Auction views: 247
Add Max Bid
A Franz Beckenbauer Game-Used #5 FC Bayern Munich Home Shirt dating to between 1968-1972. This garment was an original piece of FC Bayern squad equipment, and was worn during match play by German legend Beckenbauer. The shirt is accompanied by an original seat bottom from the Olympiastadion in Munich. Beckenbauer is credited with inventing the sweeper role after transitioning from a midfielder to a defender early in his career. Beckenbauer won the FIFA World Cup both as a player and a manager, lifted the European Cup 3 times with Bayern Munich, won the Balon d’Or 2x, and was named to Pele’s 100 greatest players list. Upon close inspection, you will come to find this garment in the following condition: The garment shows it’s age. The garment possesses a familiar scent consistent with a garment approximately 50 years old. There is some bleeding of the red fabric to the white fabric. Some small holes exist, most notably near seams. There is some faint staining throughout the garment. Stitching appears to be solid and intact throughout, apart from the odd loose thread. The Palme label is intact, but shows some wear. The Bayern club crest remains intact and stitched to the chest with some fraying to the edges. Overall, a wonderful garment that shows it’s age while remaining solid structurally.
Please take a moment to review the authentication notes provided below, as well as the provided photographs:
1. Palme manufactured garment. Palme supplied Bayern’s tops during this time period, while Adidas provided the squad with training garments and gear before taking over completely in the mid 1970’s.
2. Beckenbauer’s squad number 5 stitched to the back in cloth.
3. FC Bayern club crest stitched to breast in cloth.
4. Garment appears to be a modern day Medium with additional length and a slim silhouette.
5. Red ribbed trim to collar and sleeve ends. Traditional Bayern red/white vertical stripe pattern worn by the squad from the mid-late 1960’s through to 1973. Garment appears to be composed of cotton, with an almost lightweight knit feel.
6. Additional details apply.
A breathtaking and iconic Beckenbauer example from the prime years in his FC Bayern career. Originally gifted by Beckenbauer to a Bayern staff member, the item later moved to a private collection outside of Munich. This item will be presented in a lovely black gift box for future safe keeping.