- Active Filters
Franz Beckenbauer Game-Used #5 Hamburger SV Shirt. Circa 1980’s.
Current bid: $800.00
Add Max Bid
A Franz Beckenbauer Game-Used #5 Hamburger SV Shirt dating to the early 1980’s. Beckenbauer spent two seasons with Hamburg from 1980-1982, winning the Bundesliga during the 1981-82 season. This garment was an original piece of Hamburger SV squad equipment and was worn by Beckenbauer during an unknown fixture. This garment is believed to have been worn in either a friendly match or closed doors training match between 1980-1982. Upon close inspection, you will come to find the following signs of use throughout this garment: There are pulls and snags throughout the body of the garment. No heavy structural damage is evident. Stitching appears solid throughout. Cracking/peeling to the number. Adidas logo to chest has completely faded/peeled. The adidas label to the inner neckline shows light fraying and is somewhat faded but still visible. Overall, good condition with clear signs of age/wear.
Please take a moment to review the authentication notes provided, as well as the provided photographs:
1. Adidas manufactured garment.
2. Beckenbauer’s squad #5 printed to back of garment in a painted/applied material.
3. Adidas stripes to shoulders/sleeves stitched in a single layer of material.
4. Hamburger SV club crest embroidered to a cloth badge that has been stitched to the chest.
5. Red ribbed trim to round neck and sleeve ends.
6. Garment appears to be sized a Medium/Large. Chest measures approximately 40″.
7. Cotton/Polyester blend consistent with this time period.
A rare and unique Beckenbauer example dating to the early 1980’s and near the end of Beckenbauer’s professional career. Comes out of a private collection in Germany. This item will be presented in a lovely black gift box for future safe-keeping.