- Active Filters
- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.
Giacinto Facchetti Game-Used #10 Italy National Team Shirt. Circa 1960’s.
Starting bid: $1,000.00
Add Max Bid
A Giacinto Facchetti Game-Used #10 Italy National Team Home Shirt dating to the late 1960’s. Facchetti represented the Italy National Team on 94 occasions, and took part in three FIFA World Cups, winning a runners-up medal in the 1970 edition of the tournament, in which he was elected to the All-Star team. He was also captain of the national side that won Italy’s first ever UEFA European Championship on home soil in 1968, where he was also selected to the team of the tournament. Facchetti is remembered as one of the first truly attacking full-backs in the game, and placed 2nd in voting for the 1965 Ballon d’Or. This garment was worn by Facchetti during an unknown International fixture(s), and is believed to date to between 1965-1969. Upon close inspection, you will come to find this garment in the following condition: There are a few small holes present from age, most notably to the back neck, underarms, and along the edge of the cloth numbers. There appears to be a small repair done where the neck meets the shoulder (please see photo). There is light fading to the fabric throughout. Overall, stitching appears solid throughout considering the age of the garment. The Umbro label is intact and visible. The numbers appear firmly stitched. The Italy crest remains intact, although the colors have faded from their original brightness somewhat. The garment carries a slight odor of age. Overall, all the hallmarks one would expect in this style of garment from this time period.
Please take a moment to review the authentication notes provided, as well as the provided photographs:
1. Umbro manufactured garment. Umbro label to inner neckline. Made in England. Umbro label reads: “The Umbro “Real” Jersey. As used by Real Madrid FC. The Choice of Champions. Super combed “Tangeru” cotton fabric. Fast dyes. Made in England.
2. Facchetti’s squad #10 stitched to back in cloth. The numbers are a thick fabric material. Facchetti had worn multiple squad numbers during his Italy career, including #10, #3, #6, etc. Facchetti most consistently wore the #10 from 1967-1969.
3. Ribbed round neck collar trim with ribbed sleeve ends.
4. Italy crest stitched to chest in fabric.
5. Garment is marked as a size Medium, but appears to align more with a modern day large.
6. Additional details apply.
A truly rare & special item relating to the career of Giacinto Facchetti and the Italian National Team. This item has been sourced from a fine private collection in Continental Europe, and will come presented in a lovely black gift box for future safe-keeping.