- Active Filters
Johan Cruyff Game-Used #14 Ajax Shirt. Circa 1970’s.
Winning Bid: $2,196.91
Auction ends: November 10, 2018 10:55 PM
Winning Bid: $2,196.91
Total price with Buyers Premium: $2,636.29
Bids count: 13
Auction views: 238
Add Max Bid
A Johan Cruyff Game-Used #14 Ajax Amsterdam Shirt dating to the 1970’s. Cruyff played for Ajax from 1957 – 1973, and again from 1981 – 1983. Cruyff was a 3x Ballon d’Or winner (1971, 1973, 1974). This garment was an original piece of Ajax squad equipment, and was worn by Cruyff during an unknown match. The shirt is believed to date to between 1970-1973. Upon close inspection, you will come to find the following signs of use throughout this garment: There is one notable pull/snag to the lower front of the garment (please see photo), The Le Coq Sportif label is somewhat faded, but text is still visible. Le Coq logo to chest is in good condition. Cloth numbers have some light fraying around the edges. Odd little scuffs and nicks to the fabric are evident. No significant staining is evident. Normal signs of use for a garment of this age.
Please take a moment to review the authentication notes provided, as well as the provided photographs:
1. Manufactured by Le Coq Sportif, Ajax’s preferred kit supplier during this time period.
2. Made in England.
3. Le Coq sportif logo applied to chest in thin velvet application.
4. Ribbed V-neck collar in cream with red stripe detail. Ribbed sleeve ends in cream with red stripe detail.
5. Cruyff’s squad #14 stitched to back in cloth.
6. Appropriate Le Coq Sportif identifiers throughout.
7. Polyester/Cotton blend.
8. Garment is marked as a size Medium.
9. This style was an away version, with red as the primary colorway with white/cream trim. Ajax wore a number of variations of kit throughout this era. Please note: the provided photo of Cruyff is merely an example, it is not a suggested precise photo match of this garment. During the early 1970’s, Ajax wore a wide array of styles with of home and away kits with many subtle and not-so subtle variations.
A superb and unique Johan Cruyff example from his Ajax Amsterdam career. A fine example that will be presented in a lovely black glossy gift box for future safe-keeping.