- Active Filters
Knolls Saarinen Dining Table – 60″ Round- 2019Go Back
Designed by Eero Saarinen for Knoll®
Architect Eero Saarinen was a genius at creating expressive sculptural forms. From his TWA Terminal (now the TWA Hotel) at New York’s JFK Airport to the Gateway Arch in St. Louis to his Pedestal Table (1956), there’s a magic in everything he created. The table began with his observation that “the underside of typical tables and chairs makes a confusing, unrestful world,” and as he explained in a 1956 Time magazine cover story, he was designing a new collection to “clear up the slum of legs in the U.S. home.” Later that year, he completed the Pedestal Table, which stands on a gracefully shaped cast-aluminum base inspired by a drop of high-viscosity liquid. This is the authentic Pedestal Table by Knoll; it’s stamped with the KnollStudio logo and Eero Saarinen’s signature. Tabletop made in Italy or U.S.A., depending on material.
This table is in used but EXCELLENT to NEAR MINT condition. It was purchase in 2019 NEW. There are no major blemishes or marks and is sure to be an artistic accent to any home or office.
Construction and Details
- 60″ Table seats 6-8
- Laminate: 1.06″ thick satin smooth laminate; beveled edge
- Marble: .75″ thick; transparent polyester coating with polished or satin finish: beveled edge
- Wood: 1.25″ thick; veneered medium density fiberboard with cathedral grain pattern; solid wood beveled edge
- Base includes attached sub-top, tabletop attaches to sub-top with three screws
- Base is heavy molded cast aluminum with white
NOTE: Shipping costs will be established after purchase based on location and special handling costs.