- Active Filters
- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.
Mario Kempes Game-Used Valencia CF #10 Home Shirt. Circa 1976-1981.
Winning Bid: $770.00
Auction ends: November 10, 2018 10:55 PM
Winning Bid: $770.00
Total price with Buyers Premium: $924.00
Bids count: 4
Auction views: 45
Add Max Bid
A Mario Kempes Game-Used #10 Valencia CF Home Shirt. Kempes played for Valencia between 1976-1981, and again from 1982-1984. This garment was an original piece of Valencia squad equipment, and was worn on the field of play by Argentina legend Mario Kempes. Kempes, known as “El Matador”, led Argentina to the 1978 FIFA World Cup Title, winning the Golden Boot as the tournament’s top scorer. This garment dates to Kempes’ first stint with Valencia between 1976 – 1981. Upon close inspection, you will come to find the following signs of use throughout this garment: There are some light rust colored spots to the chest, as well as the body side. Two small holes next to the club crest. Some minor scuffing to the fabric throughout. Very light fraying to the ribbed trim. Stitching appears to be solid throughout. The manufacturer’s label is missing. Some light staining is evident throughout. The garment is no longer the crisp bright white it would have originally been. The garment possesses a slight odor of age.
Please take a moment to review the authentication notes provided, as well as the provided photographs:
1. Valencia CF club crest embroidered to chest.
2. Kempes’ squad #10 stitched to back of garment in cloth.
3. Ribbed trim to collar and sleeve ends. Round neck collar.
4. Manufacturer: unknown. Label missing from inner neckline. During this time period, Valencia primarily wore kits supplied by Ressy, a Spanish company. Valencia also used Adidas garments, as well as some generic kit.
5. No size label present. The garment appears to most closely resemble a modern day size Medium/Large.
6. The garment appears to have a cotton body with ribbed trim that may be a cotton blend. The weight of the fabric is fairly thin.
A superb example dating to “El Matador’s” first stint at Valencia. This item comes from the private collection of a former translator. The item will come presented in a lovely black glossy gift box for future safe keeping.