- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.
Serena Williams Game-Used Custom Nike Tennis Shoes – 2018 French Open (Controversial Catsuit Outfit) – COA 100% Authentic TeamGo Back
Winning Bid: $1,000.00
Winning Bid: $1,000.00
Auction ends: 2020-07-12 00:10
Total price with Buyers Premium: $1,200.00
Bids count: 1
Add Max Bid
A Pair of Serena Williams Game-Used Custom Nike Tennis Shoes dating to the 2018 French Open. This tournament was notable for Serena due to her Black Panther inspired “catsuit” on-court outfit which was controversially banned by French Open organizers. These shoes were a part of that outfit, and were worn by Serena on-court during match play at Roland Garros. The shoes still carry signs of the famous Roland Garros clay to the soles of the shoes. These shoes were custom designed by Nike exclusively for Serena for use at the 2018 French Open. Upon close inspection, you will come to find this item in the following condition: The shoes show signs of on-court use. Remnants of the famous Roland Garros clay court are visible to the sole treads. Serena’s left shoe has some light scuffing near the toe box from her serve pattern, as well as light wear patterns to the inner ball of the foot. The laces show some minor fraying in spots. Overall, no significant damage is evident outside of on-court use. Overall, excellent condition while showing obvious signs of use. Absolutely breathtaking.
Please take a moment to review the authentication notes provided, as well as the provided photographs:
1. These shoes were custom designed by Nike for Serena to be worn at the 2018 French Open. The shoes were created using molds of Serena’s feet and are customized to her precise liking. Differences will exist between these shoes and similar retail versions.
2. PROMO notation on inner labels.
3. Customization to back heel tabs: 02, 13, 15 which signifies the years in which Serena won the French Open Title. This detail exists to each shoe’s rear heel tab. Behind the years, you will find Serena’s personal logo patterned throughout the fabric.
4. The body of the shoe and the Nike swooshes have a silver sparkle.
5. Built-in ankle supports with velcro closure.
6. Clay court specific tread.
7. Appropriate Nike identifiers throughout.
8. Additional details apply.
An absolutely breathtaking and iconic pair of Serena Williams custom/personally owned & worn shoes from the 2018 French Open. This was perhaps Serena’s most iconic outfit in her career to date, portraying both Female and Cultural strength in the face of controversial criticism from French Open organizers. A truly rare and special item on offer. These items come direct from Serena’s personal collection.