- Active Filters
Usain Bolt Race-Worn Jamaica Singlet & Shorts. 2011 IAAF World Championships – Daegu, South Korea.
Winning Bid: $1,000.00
Auction ends: December 15, 2018 10:30 PM
Winning Bid: $1,000.00
Total price with Buyers Premium: $1,200.00
Bids count: 1
Auction views: 102
Add Max Bid
A Usain Bolt Race-Worn Jamaica Uniform (Singlet & Shorts) from the 2011 IAAF World Championships in Daegu, South Korea. Bolt represented Jamaica at the 2011 IAAF World Championships, winning Gold in the 200m and 4x100m relay. Bolt anchored the 4x100m relay team as Jamaica set a new World Record of 37.04 seconds. Bolt was shockingly disqualified from the Men’s 100m, as under new rules, 1 false start disqualifies a racer. This uniform was an original piece of Jamaica equipment, and was worn on the track by Bolt. Upon close inspection, you will come to find the following signs of use throughout this lot: The garments remain in superb condition. There is a small stain/smudge to the yellow stripe along the side of the shorts. There is evidence of small pin-size holes to the front and back of the singlet where Bolt’s race number had been pinned to the garment (please see photos). The paper race numbers have been removed, as is commonplace. No significant damage is evident. Overall, in very good condition and all the hallmarks of a race worn set.
Please take a moment to review the authentication notes provided, as well as the provided photographs:
1. Original Puma manufactured/issued Jamaican squad garments. These items were not sold as a retail item, and are specific to the athletes of the Jamaican Track and Field team.
2. Sized appropriately for Bolt. The singlet is sized Large, and the compression shorts are sized Medium.
3. Puma logos and Jamaican flag details are applied to each garment in a thin rubber/thermal application.
4. “Jamaica” sublimated to chest of singlet.
5. Heat bonded non-irritant seam to back of singlet.
6. Appropriate Puma identifiers throughout.
7. Shorts feature an elastic drawstring waist and are composed of an extremely stretchy material.
8. Made in Portugal.
A lovely and rare Usain Bolt example worn during the 2011 IAAF World Championships in Daegu, South Korea which saw Bolt claim 2 Gold Medals and one controversial false start. This lot will be presented in a lovely black gift box for future safe keeping.