Xavi Hernández Game-Used #6 FC Barcelona Home Shirt 2012/13 Spanish La Liga SeasonGo Back
Winning Bid: $609.40
Winning Bid: $609.40
Auction ends: August 19, 2018 1:15 AM
Total price with Buyers Premium: $731.28
Bids count: 3
Auction views: 150
Add Max Bid
A Xavi Hernández Game-Used #6 FC Barcelona Home Shirt 2012/13 Spanish La Liga Season. Xavi came through La Masia, the Barcelona youth academy, at age 11 and made his first-team debut against Mallorca in August, 1998. Since then, he has played 700 matches, scored 82 goals and made more than 180 assists for over 50 players. Xavi is the first player in Barcelona’s history to play 150 international matches. Highly regarded for his humble persona and team ethos, Xavi is viewed as being the embodiment of the tiki-taka passing style of play, and is widely considered to be one of the greatest central midfielders of all time. He is also considered by many to be the greatest Spanish player ever.
Xavi won the U-20 World Cup for Spain in 1999, and the Olympic Silver Medal at the 2000 Olympics. Since making his senior team debut in 2000, he has been capped 133 times for the Spain national team, and has been seen as an influential figure in the team’s tremendous success. He played an integral role in Spain’s victory at the 2010 World Cup, as well as their successes at both Euro 2008 and Euro 2012. He had a 91% passing success rate at the 2010 World Cup and was named in the World Cup All-Star Team. He was named Player of the Tournament by UEFA at Euro 2008. He was also named in the UEFA Euro Team of the Tournament in 2008 as well as 2012. After the 2014 World Cup, Xavi announced his retirement from international football.
Xavi has won 31 trophies, only surpassed by Andrés Iniesta as the most successful Spanish player in history. He came third in the 2009 FIFA World Player of the Year, followed by third place for its successor award, the FIFA Ballon d’Or, in 2010 and 2011. In 2011, he was runner up to Lionel Messi for the UEFA Best Player in Europe Award. He has been awarded the IFFHS World’s Best Playmaker award for four years: 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011. Xavi has been included in the UEFA Team of the Year for five years (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012), and has been voted into the FIFA World XI on six occasions: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013. At Euro 2012, with his two assists in the final, Xavi became the first player to register assists in two separate Euro finals, having set up the lone goal in the final four years earlier. He was awarded the Prince of Asturias Award for Sports in 2012.
This shirt was worn on pitch by the Spanish professional footballer Xavi Hernández during a La Liga match for at least one half of match play. It is well-known that Xavi has left Barcelona since 2016 which makes this shirt special. Upon close inspection you’ll come to find the following signs of use throughout this garment: The shirt possesses some amount of dirt and stains in various parts of the shirt which you need to inpect closely due to the dark color of frabric. No damage is evident. The jersey is in a very good condition.
Please take a moment to review the authentication notes provided, as well as the provided photographs:
1. Sized appropriately for Xavi, size M.
2. Wash label printed to inside body of garment.
3. XAVI’s name & squad number applied to back of garment. Style unique to Barcelona squad members. Unique thin thermal applications. FCB detail to each number.
4. Rubber “T” bar reinforcements to each shoulder. Unique thick thermal applications.
5. Qatar Foundation sponsorship logo applied to chest. Unique thin thermal application.
6. UNICEF charity logo applied to lower back. Unique thin thermal application.
7. LFP competition logo applied to player’s right sleeve. Unique thin thermal application.
8. TV3 club sponsorship logo applied to player’s left sleeve. Unique thick thermal application.
9. FIFA WORLD CHAMPIONS 2011 patch applied to chest. Unique thick thermal application.
10. Back panel of garment is composed of a mesh fabric, compared to the front which is less breathable.
11. Ventilation/perforation vents to each body side.
12. Nike swoosh & FCB crest are thermally applied in a rubber/plastic type material, as used by players only. Unique thin thermal applications.
13. Appropriate Nike identifiers throughout.
14. Additional details apply.
A very rare Xavi example from the 2012/13 season. A museum quality piece of the great memorable midfielder the Maestro Xavi Hernández!