- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.
Lothar Matthäus Game-Used #10 Germany National Team Home Shirt FIFA World Cup 1994 Quarter-Finals. Germany v BulgariaGo Back
Winning Bid: $2,178.00
Winning Bid: $2,178.00
Auction ends: 2018-08-19 01:15
Total price with Buyers Premium: $2,613.60
Bids count: 3
Add Max Bid
On auction is A Lothar Matthäus Game-Used #10 Germany National Team Home Shirt FIFA World Cup 1994 Quarter-Finals. Lothar Matthäus captained West Germany to victory on the 1990 FIFA World Cup and played in five FIFA World Cups (1982, 1986, 1990, 1994, 1998) more than any other outfield player. He remains the only German player to have won the FIFA World Player of the Year award. Matthäus is the most capped German player of all time with 150 appearances and 23 goals. Matthäus became the symbol of German domination of football during the 1980s. Ten years after his mentor Franz Beckenbauer, Matthäus reigned over world football thanks to his “complete” player profile, able to play just as well in offense or defence. Matthäus won seven German championships with Bayern Munich, three German Cups, two UEFA Cups (with Inter Milan and Bayern), the European Football Championship in 1980, the World Cup in 1990 (finalist in 1982 and 1986), and the Ballon d’Or in 1990.
Diego Maradona said of Matthäus: “He is the best rival I have ever had.”
This shirt was worn by Matthäus in the FIFA World Cup Quarter-Finals match of Germany v Bulgaria that took place on July 10th, 1994 at 12:00 Local time in Giants Stadium, New York/New Jersey, USA. Matthäus scored a goal in the 47th minute from a penalty kick. The shirt comes with an A4 sized photo of the German squad in the 1994 season. Upon close inspection you’ll come the following signs of use throughout this garment: The shirt has some fainted markings and spots throughout. It is unknown whether this shirt was washed or not after use by the athlete. The Deutscher Fussball-Bund badge is stitched. The shirt is in a very good condition for its age.
Please take a moment to review the authentication notes provided, as well as the provided photographs:
1. Sized appropriately for Matthäus, size M, refer to photo of the sizing label for more information.
2. Matthäus name & squad number 10 are applied/flocked to back of garment in cloth-felt material, which is commonly used in that era.
3. Adidas logo and Deutscher Fussball-Bund crest are embroidered to chest.
4. Yellow, red & black detail through body in a sublimated design.
5. Made in England. The shirt is made of a very light fabric which has nice details throughout.
6. Appropriate Adidas neck tag/identifier throughout.
7. Additional details apply.
Museum-quality. The finest Matthäus example to be offered to date. A great shirt of Matthäus coming from the most important event in Soccer The FIFA World Cup. Superb!
|Game-Used Auth Status||